|Hello, long overdue, here are finally some guidelines for what deviations we accept and where they should go:|
1. As the name implies, we are a group dedicated to steampunk fashion. That means submissions should showcase clothes, outfits, accessories, jewelry, styling/makeup, or "wearable" props (like weapons). Deviations with the main focus on the model, background, or photo editing, are not encouraged. For example, photos should be framed so that they show the fashion clearly. Editing that obscures or modifies the outfit is discouraged, unless for a "drawings and designs" submission (see below). Frames or background edits are fine, tinting is ok, especially if you link to non-tinted views.
2. EXCEPT IN RARE CASES, WE ONLY ACCEPT **ONE SUBMISSION PER OUTFIT**. At the discretion of the admins, one or two additional shot (e.g., details, back view...) may be accepted, but not usually. Instead, please consider linking to additional views on your deviation page for easy access.
3. We do not encourage submitting many closely related variations on the same item. If you are a seller, showcasing one (your best) piece will be more effective than filling our galleries with every single fabric you ever made that one vest pattern in. Please don't take offense: more often than not, carpet bombing puts potential buyers off anyway.
4. Please try to submit to the most suited gallery folder, as follows:
- Submissions are no longer accepted to the Featured gallery. Submissions judged to be particularly inspiring will be featured at the group's discretion.
- All drawings (by hand or digital) should go in the Drawings and Designs folder. Heavily edited photos in which the outfit or object has been significantly altered or "augmented" (e.g., photoshopping brass wings onto a suit) are considered digital art and go here. All other folders are for actual objects, i.e., crafts.
- The type of item decides the folders rather than style. For example, jewelry goes in the jewelry folder, even if it is Neo-victorian in style.
- Shoes, hats, spats, bags, bracers, gloves, harnesses, goggles, eyeglasses, fans, parasols, hair thingies, etc. go in Hats and Accessories.
- Weapons go in Armed and Dangerous, as do people wielding weapons, regardless of Victorian or other style. Exceptions are the Western folder - you know best whether your persona is wild west or not, we'll probably leave your submission in which ever of the two you choose
- Neo-Victorian styles and Non-Victorian styles are for clothes and full outfits. Dieselpunk would be Non-Victorian for example, as are more modern looks. Edwardian styles I'm honestly not sure about, I may actually add a Neo-Edwardian folder. Pick one!
- Hair styling, facial hair styling, makeup, nail art, tattoos and other body modifications, and body painting go in Hair, Styling and Makeup. So do tutorials on these subjects.
5. Tutorials are welcome (pick the most relevant folder based on what it demonstrates).
6. Doll outfits are welcome, and should be submitted to folders just like person-sized items.
If you're not sure, just go with your best guess. We may move the submission after accepting it or ask you to resubmit to a specific folder.