Dear group members (or interested non-members).
I feel like the group could use some new blood, and I can't really spare the time anymore to manage submissions. If interested in taking over, please send me a note!
If no-one will step in, I'm afraid acceptance of submissions may become rather slow and erratic, and eventually peter out altogether.
- - - - - - - -
Guidelines for submission:
1. As the name implies, we are a group dedicated to steampunk fashion. That means submissions should showcase clothes, outfits, accessories, jewelry, styling/makeup, or "wearable" props (like weapons).
Deviations with the main focus on the model, background, or photo editing, are not encouraged. For example, photos should be framed so that they show the fashion clearly. Editing that obscures or modifies the outfit is discouraged, unless for a "drawings and designs" submission (see below). Frames or background edits are fine, tinting is ok, especially if you link to non-tinted views.
2. EXCEPT IN RARE CASES, WE ONLY ACCEPT **ONE SUBMISSION PER OUTFIT**. At the discretion of the admins, one or two additional shot (e.g., details, back view...) may be accepted, but not usually. Instead, please consider linking to additional views on your deviation page for easy access.
3. We do not encourage submitting many closely related variations on the same item.
If you are a seller, showcasing one (your best) piece will be more effective than filling our galleries with every single fabric you ever made that vest style in.
4. Please try to submit to the most suited gallery folder, as follows:
- Submissions are no longer accepted to the Featured gallery. Submissions judged to be particularly inspiring will be featured at the group's discretion.
- All drawings (by hand or digital) should go in the Drawings and Designs folder. Heavily edited photos in which the outfit or object has been significantly altered or "augmented" (e.g., photoshopping brass wings onto a suit) are considered digital art and go here. All other folders are for actual objects, i.e., crafts.
- The type of item decides the folders rather than style. For example, jewelry goes in the jewelry folder, even if it is Neo-victorian in style.
- Shoes, hats, spats, bags, bracers, gloves, harnesses, goggles, eyeglasses, fans, parasols, hair thingies, etc. go in Hats and Accessories.
- Weapons go in Armed and Dangerous, as do people wielding weapons.
- Neo-Victorian styles and Non-Victorian styles are for clothes and full outfits. Dieselpunk would be Non-Victorian for example, as are more modern looks. I also added a Neo-Edwardian folder, which will include not just 1900s but also 1910s/Downton Abbey/Titanic/etc inspired styles.
- Hair styling, facial hair styling, makeup, nail art, tattoos and other body modifications, and body painting go in Hair, Styling and Makeup. So do tutorials on these subjects.
5. Tutorials are welcome (pick the most relevant folder based on what it demonstrates).
6. Doll outfits are welcome, and should be submitted to style folders just like person-sized items.
If you're not sure, just go with your best guess. We may move the submission after accepting it or ask you to resubmit to a specific folder.